1969 Selmer Mark VI #172k Tenor Sax
Price: No Longer For Sale
- Year: 1969
- Make: Selmer
- Model: Mark VI
- Status: No longer for sale.
- Finish: Original Lacquer
- Serial Number: 172,xxx
(On Consignment - Plays OK) A nice original lacquer Mark VI. Ser #172k. It is currently setup with older tan pads and larger noyak resos. Overall the sax is in excellent condition. There is dent in the front bow guard. With one modification to note: there was a very professional repair work done to the F-F# add on as a helper arm. (This is a great thing from a technician/player's perspective. This key always needs help to close.) Should you want it removed, it can be taken off easily with a very small repair scar.
CASE: Red Reunion Blues bag in very good condition.
REBUILT OPTION: The Owner has helped authorize an attractive rebuilt price ($1000.00 rebuild included in that price). It's very simple: 1) You would be purchasing the sax, 2) you get to help setup the rebuild specifics on it. We can add any additional parts to your requests (upgraded resos).
Sound files to enjoy with different Mark VIs:
- 2.Tenors file: Selmer Mark VI vs Couf Superba1 vs Conn 30M , Sound File 10-2011:2:44
- 3.TENORSx3-2xMPCS-MarkVi_30M_SMLrevD-- 13:57
- 6.TO EDIT TENORSx2-3MPCS-MarkVi_GOLDNe4:40
- 7.TO EDIT TENORSx2-3MPCS-MarkVi_GOLDNe4:40
- 11.TENORs file: French Set: Selmer Mark VI vs. Buffet Super Dynaction (SDA) vs. SML Gold Medal - COMPARISON OF 3 FRENCH MADE TENORS2:09