Brilhart "Designed by ..." Streamline Tenor
with "A.B." Ligature and Cap
Ultra Rare Combo Set - Collector's Delight
2,500.00 ... 1,999.00
- Make: Brilhart
- Model: Designed by Arnold Brilhart, Ver. 1
- Number: 3, Ser.#2,829
- Era: 1939-41
- Status: For Sale!
- Ligature: YES
- Facing: Original
- Tip-Size: 0.079"
(No Trials on this purchase)
Ultra Rare Combo Set - Collector's delight - Streamline model with "ST" matching ligature with the "AB". All in fantastic condition.
Streamline (thinner design) "ST" ligature can fit some alto mouthpieces!
STORY: Bought originally as a set in the 1930s. These came from a passed away client who played on a 1937 Conn 30M that he bought new. By the way, he kept his horn beautiful too! It SOLD. You can view it HERE. This mouthpiece is now being sold from the estate with the three pieces:
- Brilhart "Designed By...", Great Neck NY, Tenor mouthpiece; #3 - original tip, original facing. Measures 0.079". Serial #2829
Tip size marker: #3 - original tip, original facing. Measures 0.079". Serial #2829 in the smaller font (version 1).
- Arnold Brilhart "A.B. Ligature" with the 'ST' marking for 'Streamline' tenor model.
Fully functioning, no problems. Minor wear from age.
- Matching "Arnold Brilhart" Clear Mouthpiece Cap that fits this Streamline version. It will not fit a larger/standard tenor mouthpiece.
This is the rare streamline version, and Version 1 at that, of this model. Version 1 had small font in the serial number, like this one. This mouthpiece led to some correspondence between Theo Wanne and myself as became a unique piece to document for Brilhart mouthpiece history. You can see it and other info on Theo's Brilhart page (CLICK).
Another bit of research to add on these, is that some previous notes had these Streamline models without "Great Neck NY" was not on the shank, however, this mouthpiece does have that. So I do suspect that these models had some love from Mr Brilhart himself and perhaps there are some crossover details between the two versions. At the time of this posting, Theo and I are reviewing this information.
Sound Files to enjoy on the model after this one, the "Hard Rubber" (Note: most are 0.097" tips or larger):
- 4.TenorMPCs-RAW, UNEDITED-4x-tenor-mpc-comparison-BrilHardRubber-MCmodelA-Lawton-SteveBroadusPerfected2:54