1948 "The Martin Tenor"
- Year: 1948
- Make: Martin
- Model: "The Martin Tenor"
- Status: SOLD
- Finish: Original Lacquer
- Serial Number: 166,06x
A beautiful "The Martin Tenor", with an early serial number (matching neck #), and many original features present: brown felt from the factory(under G# lever, F & A pearls, Eb lever), and of course the important tell: the rear sticker. There are only 5 things I have to call out from perfection: wear on thumb octave key, 2 small ding near the lower bow, some lacquer missing under the neck and the very bottom of the bow. So: 98% original lacquer in excellent condition.
CASE: Currently paired with a Gator case. I may be able to find a nice Protec XL to keep it very protected. We can talk about this option.
REBUILD: We are planning to offer this sax with a full rebuild and you can help choose those options (pad type, reso type, etc).
It does play very good right now and you can fall in love with its core tone right now in prep for the work you want to order.
Sound Files for you to enjoy:
***Actual Sax on TRACK 1 below
...similar Sax serial number featured in Track 2 & 3.
- 1.TENORs: The Martin Tenor #166k, Selmer SBA #51k, Selmer Mark VI 3103k - Sound File 2019 with Jonny U
- 2.TENORs-4x_Conn Chu New Wonder II #243k, Keilwerth Tone King #37k-Plastic wF#, The Martin Tenor #166k, Conn 10M #H42k, on an early Berg 105 boat tail, Sound File 10-20176:45
- 6.Tenors file: Selmer MKVI vs. Martin Comm 2 vs. Martin Comm 31:37
- 7.TENORx2-MPCx2--VIvsTMT, D7vs4starOtt2:45