Theo Wanne DURGA, Model 4 Tenor Mouthpiece
***Note: Photo of a GAIA packaging in view is near identical.
- Make: Theo Wanne
- Model: Ambika 3
- Number: 6*
- Era: 2018
- Status: For Sale
- Ligature: Original
- Facing: Original
- Tip-Size: 0.095"
The darkest mouthpiece with a low baffle design to blend the best of Vintage and Modern tones. "Built to outplay Theo's very best Vintage New York Tone Master and Master Link Otto Link"
Factory New - in all original packaging with case, cap, and ligature screwdriver.
Current retail description via WWBW.com:
"A vintage-style mouthpiece with beautifully dark sound.
The AMBIKA 3 Tenor Mouthpiece is Theo Wanne's darkest mouthpiece with a deep, hauntingly gorgeous tone. The AMBIKA 3 has a full-bodied sound reminiscent of vintage 1940's mouthpieces, but with much improved projection, ease of play and dynamics.
The Shark Gill Baffle works on the physics principle of 'boundary layer effect', pulling the airstream closer to the floor. This allows the player to 'fill' the mouthpiece more, resulting in increased dynamics. The True Large Chamber is far more accurately produced than any other vintage and new mouthpieces due to superior machining, which means the design is exactly what Theo intended it to be.
The Metal AMBIKA is plated with 24K gold. The Hard Rubber AMBIKA uses real vintage style hard rubber just like the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s-50s, and its new thin body allows the premium hard rubber to fully resonate, giving quite a fantastic sound. If you like the vintage sound, you will love the AMBIKA. The AMBIKA 3 has an even bigger, fuller sound than the AMBIKA 1 or 2, and greatly increased dynamics and sense of expression.
"The AMBIKA is WAY beyond the vintage mouthpieces. I was playing a vintage link for 20 years, but no more!" - Pat Rizzo (WAR, Sly and the Family Stone, Frank Sinatra)
"The AMBIKA is the only mouthpiece I'll now use! I can approximate an ol' school Coleman Hawkins/Sam Butera sound AND a modern Michael Brecker/Lenny Pickett sound by just by adjusting my embouchure." - Karl Hunter (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
- Built to outplay Theo's very best Vintage New York Tone Master and Master Link Otto Link
- A deep and haunting sound best left to poetry. Hauntingly dark
- Revolutionary in improving upon the true vintage sound
- Revolutionary Extra Large True Large Chamber, no baffle, and rounded inner side walls
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
Vintage-style sound you'll love playing. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Finish: Reticulated 24K gold with highlights on logo (standard)
- Serial Number: Includes specific serial
- Premium Hard Rubber: Hard Rubber AMBIKA uses the finest vintage-style hard rubber
- Ligatures: Integrated two-point contact 24K gold plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads