Now located in Tukwila, Washington - U.S.A.
Inventory & Services
What is WWS?
Check in with Chadd at:
$999.00 - (LAST ONE) Investment piece? - Rare, DISCONTINUED Rhodium-plated option (2021: Rhodium market up 1,600%!!!). [Inspired by Dexter Gordon, the Gaia features a medium…
$1,999.00 - Another great SML alto with two-tone finish and straight tone holes.
$3,799.00 - Stunning, rare SILVER Top Hat alto with WWS Rebuild. Original case included.
$949.00 - Original Lacquer, plays "sweet and sultry". The little brother to the more famous Big B (Aristo II). Original case.
$1,499.00 - A nice playing C-Mel with alto-style neck, like-new pads and a new case!
$1,599.00 - Your "player", not the "looker". The tone is crisp, clear and powerful! Hiscox case; It has a relacquered finish, some signs of repair.
WorldwideSax is a lover of saxophones. It is a preserver of history with a focus on expert repair. It is a research and educational tool for saxophone traits and differences. We love educating people on how good vintage instruments are, especially for the value. WWS sells & refurbishes vintage saxophone collectibles and limited accessories.
We believe in hand-crafted craftsmanship because vintage horns were built with such; and many factory built horns today can lack the "soul" that was built into vintage saxes …by hand! We execute certain elements of precision and customization that only can be done by hand. We also believe that it's important to connect you with the sound and sax/mouthpiece that you need, regardless of my inventory in stock.
WWS was created by Steve "Sarge" Stransky in 1997 and officially allowed to pass on to me, Chadd, his apprentice in 2011. While so much of today's work in still a one-man show by me, Chadd, I feel wrong claiming all the efforts and data that WWS offers -- it truly is a collaboration of many great minds and efforts even still to this day. I must give credit to mentors and friends: Sarge, Bob Carpenter, other great repair techs, players and countless lovers of vintage saxes who constantly teach me new things.
We offer decades of knowledge building the joy into your instrument. (See our Testimonials)
Silver restorations are the most common. We do not "Re-Lacquer" saxes. While not every sax can qualify for the labor-intensive work of a Restoration, we have done more than a few sentimental projects to bring saxes back to life! You don't need a 5-digit Selmer to warrant having this type of Restoration.
There are a variety of options in a WWS Restoration. The most common, and recommended one, is "Silver" (shiny or Matte). But we've also been part of "Bare Brass"--shiny or matte, "Gold" -- shiny or matte, Nickel, and a blend of a few options. Billing quotes are always customized, however, you'll certainly need to budget $3,000.00 to do yourself justice.
See more of our MAJOR RESTORATIONS within OUR FINEST section!
Featured Sound Files
- 1.TENORs-4xKeilwerths- The New King #47k, Tone King #55k, Tone King Special #53k, Couf Superba 1 #79k - MPC Berg108-2-SMS - Sound File 6-2020
- 2.TenorMPCS-5x_Tonalin5-085,_Ebolin3star-074,_Tonalite3-GreatNeckNY-072,_PersonlineS4-077-rubber,_Selmer-S80-Cstar-074,_Sound File 4-20167:04
Want more? See: Sound Files for hundreds of other audios!
The Wings of WorldWideSax
- Vintage Inventory Specializing in Vintage Pro saxes, we know them well. We will occasionally list a modern-pro sax for sale too. It's a matter of pairing you with what you're truly seeking.
- Student InventoryHelping local parents & students get quality used saxes for a fair price, plus additional consulting.
- Misc. For SaleNecks, plugs, cases, custom items that don't categorize easily. ...aka: Unique things you should scan!
- Repair ServicesSaxes & Mouthpieces - WWS mostly focuses on Full Rebuilds. We do try to help small repairs when we can and, of course, treat our past customers with VIP effort.
- RestorationsMajor restorations are stunning and take an enormous amount of time and planning from start to finish.
- VIP ScoutingThe WWS VIP Scout List helps you be the first one in line for a new item. Or simply have us Scout for your requests.
- Education & ResearchDocumenting some of the coolest saxes of all time in photo and sound! We do this by request & curiosity.
- Charity/OutreachOne of my growing missions is to help underprivileged students who truly need a better sax. I hope to invite you along on this mission as it develops more!
- Personalized Consulting & AdvisingThis is a joy and happens constantly around here--in person, by phone/email.
The kind words from our clients:
Chadd, This is the best saxophone that I have ever owned. My ears, fingers and execution are really very closely connected now...…
Thanks for all this joy. I feel like I finally have the Ferrari I’ve been wishing for since high school. .... Thanks again…
I was super-impressed by the consignment process at Worldwide Sax when it was time for me to sell one of my instruments. …
Hey, the Conn plays so nice. I've been really enjoying it. I first tried a Berg from the 70's and didn't have…
Chadd at World Wide Sax did a great job refurbishing my 1925 G. C Conn, silver, "Chu Berry" C Melody and I…
Hello! I just wanna say I've had a blast with this bari! I made an audition tape for the…
Hi Chadd, The Susan is home... man, this sax has a great sound--special... the middle and upper registers... I am very very…
Thank you for another dream of a horn! There we are, Chadd! Buffet S1 unpacked and played at rehearsal in my little big…
The mouthpiece got here today. thanks for unbelievably fast service. It caught me off guard when you asked what i liked about website, so…
The Keilwerth Alto Sax arrived this evening. It is an incredible horn. In its summary you remarked that it has a booming…
I received the saxophone today and spent nearly the whole day playing her. She is absolutely beautiful! Shinier than I ever…
"Goldilocks" arrived here at my house 2 days ago when my friend came for a visit. What a beautiful horn in every respect…
The Guardala is better than expected for a purchase "sight unseen". Thanks for everything. This is a Keeper and ends my search for…
Right from the git-go, the horn played wonderfully. Both necks responded well and I was very pleased with the setup feel. I will…
Thank you very much for the nice job, the foolproof packing, and the informative service. Other than a few minor nicks,…