1966 Selmer Mark VI Tenor #135k
- Year: 1966
- Make: Selmer
- Model: Mark VI
- Status: SOLD!
- Finish: Original Lacquer 70%
- Serial Number: 135,xxx
Serial #135,xxx made in 1966, Made in France, the body is in excellent shape with 70% original lacquer. The bad: The neck is actually from another selmer, HOWEVER from the same year: #134k. I also have a Gold plated Ponzol I have in stock--they are "just different" on selmers if you're looking for sound options, since this one is a great "player". This sax currently has nice pads but will need a bath. I don't think I can save them to and get the smell out. Comes in a replacement case, a nice rectangle wood one. It will get a "French Standard" Rebuild with Prestini Pads and plastic domed resos to replicate the original setup, and natural cork throughout.
Sound files to enjoy with different Mark VIs:
- 2.Tenors file: Selmer Mark VI vs Couf Superba1 vs Conn 30M , Sound File 10-2011:2:44
- 3.TENORSx3-2xMPCS-MarkVi_30M_SMLrevD-- 13:57
- 6.TO EDIT TENORSx2-3MPCS-MarkVi_GOLDNe4:40
- 7.TO EDIT TENORSx2-3MPCS-MarkVi_GOLDNe4:40
- 11.TENORs file: French Set: Selmer Mark VI vs. Buffet Super Dynaction (SDA) vs. SML Gold Medal - COMPARISON OF 3 FRENCH MADE TENORS2:09